Welcome!

I believe that each of us is endowed with a font of creative energy. If we are lucky we find both an outlet for that energy and the time and means to create. For the past ten years or so I have been designing and building furniture and other things from wood. I think I have some aptitude for it, and like anything, practice has improved my skills. I really don’t know how my work stacks up with what else is out there – what I do know is that I thoroughly enjoy the entire process – from conceptual design, the trigonometry most of us forgot before high school graduation, joinery, and finishing. Wood is a complex substance with a wonderful spectrum of scents, feel, and looks, and I derive great satisfaction from working with it to create objects that are functional, durable, and pleasing to the eye and touch - to me it is the perfect blend of the aesthetic and the practical. I set this blog up to allow my family and friends to see some of what I have done from across the thousands of miles that may separate us. Comments are always appreciated.

Spring/Summer 2012 - A Japanese Snow Lantern

  




3 comments:

Ann P said...

Wow ! What beautiful works of art ! You are so talented and skilled.

Jonathan Rodriguez said...

Wow, I am really jealous of the talent and eye for detail you possess. Hopefully, one day I will be able to create something with this type of beauty.

Unknown said...

Great work nice piece